giovedì 12 giugno 2008

Seven Lucky Gods... Shichi fuku neko..^^



In Japanese Mithology shichifukujin stands for the 7 gods of fortune.
The "big one" is Ebisu (god of fishermen, wealth and fortune.. the only one of the 7 gods to be originated in Japan and from its folklore, the other 6 are derived from the Chinese culture.)

The other gods are

Daikokuten, who protect trade and commerce, often paired with Ebisu in Classical Iconography
Bishamonten, god of warriors
Benten-sama, god of knowledge, beauty and arts
Fukurokuju, god of happyness and longevity
Hotei, debu-god of abundance (he's the chubby one!) ^^ debu-debu luv
Juroujin, god of wisdom




I have created a Custom Jacket using an old Hello-Kitty mirror from Japanese Sanrio.
Image represents the 7 god of fortune.. .. I'd better say the 7 cats of fortune.. lil blasphemy?
naaa it's only typical Japanese Kittey-zation of the world.. LOL^^

The mirror was very nice (when I got it soo many years ago) but the external fabric (really beautiful classic kimono-like fabric) was very damaged (cause I accidentally put it in my washing machine an year ago...) (stuuupid Mauro stiuuupid!!!) LOL

So I cut the fabric and used for a custom jacket for my VS7..



mmumble.. to work with fabric it's very difficoult cause it frays soo easily and the final result didnt convinced me much.. I have to do some more training with my mother's sewing basket..

(need some more needle-and-thread Maurooo ^^,)

Nessun commento: